David Meerman Scott
INBOUND MARKETING AUTHOR
“None of [the old rules of marketing] are true anymore. The Web has transformed the rules, and you must transform your marketing to make the most of the Web-enabled marketplace of ideas.”
What makes him a crazy one?
I discovered David Meerman Scott after devouring The New Rules of Marketing and PR in 2010. His mantra was then and continues to be: Educate and inform instead of interrupt and sell.
This mantra is at the heart and center of inbound marketing – an industry he helped create, grow and nurture into the mainstream industry it’s become.
Here’s some of my favorite pieces by and about Scott, if you’d like to get know him a bit better.
- An open letter to journalists: You have an amazing career opportunity on the Dark Side
- David Meerman Scott: The New Age of Sales and Customer Service
- INBOUND Bold Talks: David Meerman Scott “Inbound Job Search”
- Marketing in 2014: David Meerman Scott & Brian Halligan on What’s Changed
- Here’s How David Meerman Scott Writes
Follow David on Twitter.