“I had a blog for many years. Once you develop your readership on your blog, and you can put something out there or direct traffic or get attention – it’s like a super power.”
What makes him a crazy one?
As many of you already know, Ev Williams created Blogger, Twitter and Medium.
Before founding all of the above, Williams, a college dropout, lived in small town in Nebraska, where he fell in love books because he loved to learn. The way Williams talks about discovering WIRED is reminiscent of the way Jobs talked about The Whole Earth Catalog in his infamous Stanford Commencement Speech.
The more Williams read WIRED, the more he was convinced that the Internet was the future, and he needed to be a part of it. He asked himself: What’s my role here on the Internet? And the rest, as they say, is history.
Williams’ mission appears to be the democratization of education/information. His platforms – especially Medium — allow everyday people to become influencers. It’s truly fascinating.
Here’s some of my favorite pieces by and about Williams, if you’d like to get know him a bit better.
- Mark My Words: Medium Will Win — Here’s Why
- Twitter Co-Founder Evan Williams Reveals Secret Formula for Getting Rich Online
- The Forrest Gump of the Internet
- Twitter Co-Founder Evan Williams Lays Out His Plan For The Future Of Media
- Ev Williams’ Rules for Quality Content in the Clickbait Age